Measure Your Mite Levels, Fight Varroa
- Made of 2 Containers & Screened Lid
- Use with Sugar Method/Alcohol Wash Method
- Accurate Method to Gauge Varroa Mite % in Hive
- Simple & Easy-to-use
- Place a half a cup of alcohol in one of the jars.
- Add 1/2 cup of nurse bees to the jar with the alcohol.
- Screw jars back together quickly.
- Shake Bees vigorously for about 60 to 90 seconds.
- Turn jar upside down so that all of the alcohol drains into the bottom jar.
- Count mites and then divide by 3. This gives you the percentage of mites in your hive.
To learn more about varroa mites, read our blog series:
You can also watch the video below: